Our last Ofsted inspection took place in October 2013 before we became an Academy and is listed on Ofsted’s site under our old name, Gnosall St Lawrence Primary School. The link above will allow you to download a pdf copy of this report.
The main findings of that reports were:
This is a good school.
- Achievement is good and has rapidly improved since the previous inspection. All groups of pupils make good progress from their individual starting points, resulting in attainment that is now above average at Key Stage 2 and well above average in Key Stage 1.
- Children in the reception class make good progress as a result of teaching which is consistently good, and often outstanding.
- Teaching across the school is good. Teachers use a wide range of activities to interest pupils in their work and pupils are encouraged to develop independence and resilience in their learning.
- The consistent approach taken to the teaching of writing across the school is rapidly improving pupils’ writing skills in all year groups.
- Teachers and teaching assistants work together very productively to ensure that disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs make good progress.
- Pupils behave well, participate well in lessons and are well looked after. They feel safe and happy.
- The headteacher has developed a highly successful team approach to raising achievement and aspirations which involves all staff and governors. The whole school community embraces change and is ambitious for the children.
- The governors know the school well and hold the senior leaders to account for its performance.